News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

2nd Time A Bust

Started by DEL, February 18, 2017, 07:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEL

Oh well...my second round of Trigger Point shots were a bust; if anything it all hurts worse now. Not sure if it is worth

getting more.

The docs want me to try Lyrica to combat the Neuropathy in my legs and feet- they both have gotten worse lately-but not sure if it will be affordable.

IF not I'll try to get them to get me on Neurontin again. Anyway, just more fun! #sunuvabitchbeinginpaingetsoldfrigginfast

"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

Robby

Go to https://www.lyrica.com/co-pay-savings-card you can get Lyrica for as low as $25 per month with the co-pay card. For me it's well worth the cost, it ranks in the top two meds I've taken in effectiveness. I still hate the message the commercials give but it still works good for me.

Sometimes the shots like everything else work one time but not the next, but do work the next. It's a hard decision trying to figure out if a treatment works or not, but it gets easier if you give it enough time/chances. The longer you try the better you'll know if it works more than not.

But you know all of this, I'm just reminding you. Here's praying you can find something that works, and gives you the relief you need and deserve.  :smiley praying:
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

wmoore

Man do I hate shots! I'm pulling for you brother.

foxgrove

I sure get the hashtag!!  Learn it, live it, love it... well... survive it anyhow. :biggrin:

:bighug:  Hoping that your doc has an amazing way to pull money out of thin air... or at least a better sense of humor.  Gotcha in my thoughts.
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

db

I went through an intense therapy session of trigger point injections & acupuncture about a dozen years ago.  I could tell it helped some but it was a pretty rough go....... :an eyes popping:

The thing was, everything was very hard back then.   : :( :  So, I figured I had little to lose and kept with it. 

Years later, I went back to just acupuncture.  I'm not sure why but it just seemed to work much bettor for me.  Anyways, after thousand of needle, I can safely say it has made a huge difference.   :biggrin:

But I do understand if you don't think it is worth it.  My progress was very slow and I always wonder if things could have been done bettor.  I still feel lucky but treating chronic myofascial pain (CMP) is very difficult.  Now, if you don't have the fibro/CMP combo, I don't know that I would recommend it.  It might work on just fibro but you may have to try several therapist.  I've only found 3 who were aggressive enough to treat CMP.  The other had there own ideas but I didn't really give them a chance to continue.  The treatments were doing something but I mostly want to get the trigger points treated.   ;)

db  :LOL:

foxgrove

Good to hear it worked so well for you db.  That's so cool.  :great:  I hope that it doesn't bite your budget too severely. :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Hollywood

hey DEL: That sounds painful.  I have the same thing in my feet, and my wife has had it for years.  She went and had all these nerve test with a neurologist , and

he told her that she has Fibro and he could try to treat it with meds only so he gave her the only thing that has worked for her { gabipenten{ . Now she is also taking Cymbalta. and she swears the cymbalta works better than anything.

lyrica did NOTHING for my wife and I. it's crap in my opinion, but it must help some people?

hope this info helps

Stephen
Stephen Michael Dirse

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk