News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Use of LDN for Fibro

Started by Cutterman, May 16, 2017, 05:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutterman

Has anyone tried LDN for Fibro pain? The studies look promising as percentage wise positive results are better than Cymbalta and Lyrica. Unfortunately it is very cheap compound that patents up on so not much support from pharmaceutical industry for study.

countryboy

Clue us in,  what the hell is LDN?
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

Cutterman

It is Low Dose Naltrexone.

countryboy

IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

denny

We need all the help we can get.
Something cheap would be nice.

No,I never heard of it.sorry.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

ronr

Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

db

I tried it but couldn't say it did much for my chronic myofascial pain.  I lost my doctor at the pain center and his replacement wouldn't give me more so I just quit using it.  I still have some left over.  I didn't understand why they weren't more willing to prescribe it.  I assume there is an abuse factor or something.   : :( :

db

Cutterman

Quote from: db on May 18, 2017, 09:30:10 AM
I tried it but couldn't say it did much for my chronic myofascial pain.  I lost my doctor at the pain center and his replacement wouldn't give me more so I just quit using it.  I still have some left over.  I didn't understand why they weren't more willing to prescribe it.  I assume there is an abuse factor or something.   : :( :

db
After extensive research this is what I have gathered. Newer Dr's are apprehensive to prescribe anything not listed in the field of medicine by the FDA. Pharmaceutical reps visit Dr's monthly to push their drugs on them by telling how great they are for what problems they are FDA approved for.
Remember that a majority of Pharm reps don't have a college educations, and look pretty. Pharm companies are not going to tell doctors there is another alternative if it's cheaper and can hurt the industry.
Apparently a lot of practicing doctors don't have time to research innovative ways, so they rely on the pharm reps. Go figure.

Cutterman

I'm going to try LDN. They have online Dr's that will prescribe after short video chat. I will be starting in a couple weeks and will let you all know how it goes. It is very cheap so hope all goes well.

denny

I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

db

If it works, I'm gonna be sorry I didn't pursue this course earlier.  So please, let us know if it works for you.  :biggrin:

db

foxgrove

Best of luck, brother.  :clapping:  I really hope this is the treatment that's perfect for you. 
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk