News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Hot skin, no fever symptom!

Started by spurgeon, May 19, 2017, 01:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spurgeon

Hey guys,

For the past three months I have had the strange symptom of having Hot Skin, all over...head, scalp, ears, legs, feet, everything.....but no fever. And being hot and cold at the same time. It's more than a hot flash, it comes on slowing and can stay for hours or days, or change 5 times in an hour. It's bizarre.

It's weird because it's worse during cold weather or in air-conditioning. Also, i went to the beach a few weeks ago and was worried I would overheat, but I was fine in the hot weather. I come back to Cleveland and it started right back again. It's like my body can't regulate correctly for the temperature.

My doctor has checked me out for low testosterone, thyroid issues, and lyme disease, all normal....

I've read that this can be a Fibro symptom.

Has anyone had this, have this, or heard others talking about it? I couldn't find much on there.

Thanks!
Hot Spurgeon
Rev 21:4 - "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Robby

I have this problem periodically. But, no rhyme or reason to when or how long, or how much per episode. So I'm no help, strange someone else has it.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

countryboy

I get this problem once in a while, but not often.  Sorry, no answers either   : :( :
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

wmoore

It seems that I don't regulate hot and cold anymore. I have kerchiefs to put on a headband for the sweat that comes with over heating.
I've been wearing tee shirts to do yard work, no matter the temperature.

Lonesome George

Certain meds make me burn up.  It could be something you're taking, or if you happen to have an adult beverage on occasion, it could be that. Those beverages feels like they raise my body temp 10 degrees. Although I know that is physically impossible, I will burn up all night after a drink or two.

ronr

Hot and cold at the same time frequently, especially if I get somewhat physically active.  Carry sweat rags all the time but do not use them, at least occasionally them will go through them like wildfire.

Just another body system that's broke in my opinion.  Doctors can test away but I have never heard a good reason as to why.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

Considering I can work up a full body soak lying down resting and be frozen stiff walking in the sunshine, yeah, I kinda get where you're coming from.  Did the whole workup for thyroid issues and kept a really close eye on it for months and nada.  Same with Low-T and the lyme tests.  Doc's pretty sure it has something to do with fibro screwing with our nervous system so it's passing bum info to our hypothalamus which in turn drives our thermostat a bit nuts, sort of like the way you get ghost feelings on your skin or when a breeze feels like a knife stroke.  All the tracking I've done, all I know is I can expect it at random times but generally no further between than 24 hours.

Do get everything related checked out but yeah, fibro does that too.  :dunno:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

spurgeon

thanks guys! it has to be a fibro issue....everything else has been negative and i;ve cur out all kinds of supplements and foods to see if that was the cause and nothing......im heading to the Infectious Disease doctor this morning, but don't expect anything. My doctor is at a loss, so he sent me here. lol. oh well, at least i'll reach my deductible early this year!!  :LOL:
Rev 21:4 - "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

denny

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if another face grew out of my belly and sang dixie.
Of course the docs couldn't see it... :emocrazy:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

db

I think it has something to do with our immune systems just being out of wack!  I am mostly cold so I generally try to keep all bundled up.  Usually I overheat so I need to cool off but it's not long before I feel cold again.  If I can stay active or it's a hot & sunny day I seem to do much bettor.   ;)

It may be just my flavor of fibro though.

db

ronr

I do the same db.  So long as it's warm and sunny or I am active, things go better. 

Quote from: denny on May 22, 2017, 06:52:31 AM
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if another face grew out of my belly and sang dixie.
Of course the docs couldn't see it... :emocrazy:

i want to see the video here first when that happens Denny!
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

db

Sounds like another alien sequel.   ::alien peace sign::  (not this kind, the other one.)

db  

foxgrove

Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

spurgeon

lol. Yeah, it weird. I do better in warm/hot weather......like today. i was hot all day because my office was cold...i come home and play outside with my kids and i felt fine. i come back in the house and im hot again....ugh...........Infectious disease doctor didn't have any ideas....she just said it was probably stress and anxiety......

stay strong brothers....

db

I'm always cold indoors. :emocrazy:  Maybe the sun does something for both us hot and cold loving creatures?   :blush:

db

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk