News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

I feel guilty

Started by Robby, May 26, 2017, 06:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

Back in my early 20's I would work 12, 18, and 20 hour shifts at my job. It wasn't uncommon for me to work 80-90 hours a week, more uncommon if I didn't. Then after getting married I was up by 5am, at work by 7am and worked until 3:30, went home and spent some time with the wife and kids, and at my second job by 5pm. Then worked until midnight or 1am then start over.

Now Dawn is working 2 jobs, last 2 weeks total of 106 hours, me I'm napping 10-14 hours a day just to keep my back from screaming. I don't really sleep that much, I sleep a lot but a good bit I'm just laying there resting. But, still it's not fair for me to lay in bed that long and her work that much.

How do you deal with the feelings of guilt that come from watching your other half carry 90% of the load? Or is this just me?
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

ronr

Would you feel less guilty if you were lying confined to a hospital bed? 

Our country defines us by what we do for a living but that is not all that makes up a person.  People who first gain a disability pension quite frequently go through a period of depression when they realize that they are truly disabled.  Throw in a few or maybe quite a few years and we MUST be content to do what we can, when we can and work on range of motion without hurting ourselves further.

We can't replace the bone loss, just stop it, and we can't go to the store and select a new spinal column so we will never be able to meet the requirements of the jobs we used to do easily.  Don't beat yourself up over this and concentrate on the other things that make up YOU as a person.

Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

wmoore

Robby, Sir,...didn't you all just move? And redecorate? Dude, you lost some spoons along the way that's all.
You know the drill, Rest and Relaxation to rebuild them spoons. See?

Robby

Quote from: ronr on May 26, 2017, 09:08:11 AM
Don't beat yourself up over this and concentrate on the other things that make up YOU as a person.

That's what she said, but it's easier said than done.

Quote from: wmoore on May 26, 2017, 05:25:54 PM
Robby, Sir,...didn't you all just move? And redecorate? Dude, you lost some spoons along the way that's all.
You know the drill, Rest and Relaxation to rebuild them spoons. See?

I guess that's a possibility
/>----------

countryboy

If out love didn't run deep and true, they would tell us to take a hike.  Or they might take one.   We both know when the other one is hurting and can't do much if any labor, but we still love each other.    Be peaceful my friend.    :pals:
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

Robby

/>----------

foxgrove

I totally agree with the guys but I'm having trouble finding the words for this one, mainly because that's exactly how I feel almost all the time.  I know in my head that it's not like that, but my heart has trouble agreeing.  Praise God for understanding and loving spouses who are willing to stand by us through this.  They are far stronger than we have any right to expect.  Praise God he brought us together or we too would be walking this road alone.

Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

Thanks fox, I feel better knowing I'm not alone in these feelings.
/>----------

denny

Being of a philosophical  bent,I've to wax philosophical on this one.
And one such,very old,very wise philosophy- Fu@k It!- can be used on this one.

I love you robby! :bighug:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Robby

denny that is a good one
/>----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk