News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Caregiver/SO

Started by denny, July 15, 2017, 12:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denny

When we are down mounth after month,what can we do to help them feel Better?
Flowers?
We have to put our heads together.
My mind is mush. :giveup:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

countryboy

A friendly chat usually does the trick if you haven't seen or talked to them in a while.    :clapping:
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

denny

Ding! Light bulb over Head!
Education. And that's no small matter.

Sorta like a friendly chat. :blue thumbs up:

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Robby

I'm not ignoring this thread, I'm just as lost as you are.

When she's home I try to do as much as I can so she doesn't have to do anything. Other than that I'm dumfounded, no money for flowers or eating out or such.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

I sure know what you mean.  They are precious as gold and yet there really is no way we can show how much we appreciate them while we're still being kicked down and dragged across the pavement.  Do what you can...  That's all any of us can do.  Here's a few things I try to remember to do that I know make Jo feel closer to me.

Spend as much time as you can with her.  If she's driving somewhere and you can physically manage the drive, go with her, even if it's just to sit in the car and wait for her.  

Listen to her when she talks... don't think about what you're going to say or how you're going to fix what she's going through, just listen!  It takes time to learn how to do that but it's so important.  If you're having trouble focusing on her words, don't just fake it, let her know that your head isn't focusing properly and can she repeat that last statement.  I know I've gone through entire conversations where I've listened attentively and can't remember a single thing... well, shucks and darn 'cause that didn't work, but I tried.  Remember that she doesn't need you to talk... she doesn't need you to solve things... she doesn't need your opinion unless she asks for it... just listen!

Hold her hand lots... kiss her as frequently as you can and remind her that you're not looking for anything, just letting her know you love her.  Once in a while I call Jo just to tell her I love her and miss her... sometimes I even sing it.  Be close to her, hold her and let her know you still think she rocks your world.  Remember how you were when you dated her and try to dig up some of those feelings... no... not the rabbit instincts... the other stuff!

There is little that we can do in the large scheme of things but lots of little things that, put together, become significant.  I snuck flowers in for our anniversary 11 days early 'cause that was the only day I had a ride somewhere and Jo was at work.  I've been keeping them alive for her and they still look really pretty.  Lots of water changes and plant food and when you do it it's a bit overwhelming but I think she knows that which makes it more precious for her.

The reality of it is that she takes care of me.  Period.  The amount that I do couldn't even buy a soda pop compared to the riches I've been blessed with through Jo.  I know that God loves me soooooooo much and Jo is my daily reminder of that.  And that's all I have to say about that.   :LOL:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

denny

Rabbits get all the credit.

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

I was going to say gerbils but that's a bit vague unless you've owned gerbils... nasty little creatures to sleep in the same room as!  "There they go again!!!"  :insane: :lmao:

Foxgrove

denny

That was nice Paul. Thank you.

We had hamsters. Is the same,No?
They are noisey critters aren't they.

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

Think hamsters only much faster and fit in the smallest places when you're trying to find them.  Bizarre little things!    :biggrin:

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk