News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Exposure to JP-8 and loud noises

Started by Olys45, August 18, 2017, 11:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olys45

If there any Veterans lurking here that was exposed to Jet Propellant 8 (JP-8) and worked in a high noise environment please check out this new group on Facebook.

www.facebook.com/groups/jp8andhighnoise

This is just note a USAF Flightline thing, JP8 is used as a fuel for generators, stoves, heaters, vehicles, tanks and other uses.

A common symptom is that some speech is garbled and/or you transpose letters/numbers. There are days/interactions with people that my brain is like a computer that is overtaxed, I hear but I cannot comprehend.

Your hearing tests come back "normal" but you still have difficulty hearing/understanding people.

Cheers,

Oly
A Refugee from the Peoples Republic of Minneeesootah, living on the Prairies of Eastern Montana.

God created Aircraft Mechanics so Pilots could have hero's too!

denny

I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

I've heard of that... it's commonly associated with brain injuries, strokes, and MS but I know that I experience it a lot due to my cognitive difficulties which so far as we can tell are fibro related.  I imagine there are a LOT of service related cognitive injuries due to the chemicals like JP8 that were used.  Nice that you can fuel things with it... not so nice that it ruins the lives of those exposed to it!!  Blows me away that the uppers think this is even close to OK.  I think the medical term for this is Anomic aphasia.
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

augoldminer

In the navy diesel powered ships going to west pac after they left Hawaii used jp5 or jp8

The navy did not have the ability to carry diesel along with other fuels on refueling ships.

on the mine sweep i was on we mixed 1 gal of 30 weight oil with 50 gals of JP 5 so that we did nor have problems with the diesel fuel pumps and injectors.

in the engine room on the ship i was on you lived in a cloud of fumes leaking from the diesel engines.

i understand calif clean diesel fuel is more like JP then diesel fuel found in most of the US.
i know that its very hard to get black smoke from calif clean diesel fuel and its easy to spot trucks from other states because they put out more black smoke.

http://papers.sae.org/961981/
https://www.warrelatedillness.va.gov/education/factsheets/military-and-aircraft-vehicle-exhaust.pdf
Wooden Ships and Rusty Crusty Old Iron Men
USS Enhance MSO437
Sanity is for Nuts!

foxgrove

I think one of the things that they miss in huge quantities in that report is the fact that exposure to the chemicals over time as opposed to exposure dosage seems to have as much effect on health than mass exposures.  Even small exposures over a long period of time can have very very serious health consequences.  That increases their target population by a massive amount.  Sadly, it's going to be a long time before anyone up in the upper echelon will be brave enough to admit this, regardless of the insurmountable proof that continues to grow.

Sad to see so many people's lives thrown away like so many wipe down rags.  I hope y'all receive justice for the damage done to your health within your lifetimes.
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Olys45

A Refugee from the Peoples Republic of Minneeesootah, living on the Prairies of Eastern Montana.

God created Aircraft Mechanics so Pilots could have hero's too!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk