News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Burning/ Electric pain and tightness in thigh

Started by Bob, September 17, 2017, 08:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Hello,

It has been quite a while since I last posted so, hello to all!  I have been retired for nearly a year now and don't really enjoy it.  I do appreciate not having to face the stress of work every day but, because of my issues I can't really enjoy my time.  I find that I feel very isolated.

However,what I am really posting about is this pain I am feeling in my thighs (mainly the right one). For years my thighs would go numb if I was to stand too long but, now they have really raised their game!  Almost all of the time I have burning, electric shocks and excessive tightness in my thighs. Even occurs when I sleep.

Now, I am overweight so it is possible that this is the cause of my problem.  I know that it is possible that the  lateral femoral cutaneous nerve could be pinched (a condition called:meralgia paresthetica).  However, even when I was a lot lighter I still had the numbness and it seems that the addition of the burning/electric shock pain has changed my diagnosis. According to my non - scientific Google search it seem that this might be Fibro related .

Have any of you faced this problem?  What did you do to heal yourself?

Thanks very much for any assistance and for just reading this small book I have written (LOL)

Robby

Hi Bob! Good to hear from you, you are missed around here. I understand the feelings of isolation, I live in a house with 3 other people and still feel isolated.

I wish I had some wisdom to add about your current problem but I haven't had that problem myself. Although it does sound like a nerve is compromised. But, getting a dr to say that will be almost impossible. Wouldn't surprise me any if it's fibro related, or due to something else entirely.

Good luck. Don't be a stranger.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

denny

Hi Bob,
Glad you checked in!
Sounds like nerves to me.
When my feet went numb the doc checked blood flow,finding it OK he said it was probably my back.
Good luck man,buck up,there's so much beauty in the world.
Concentrate on that. :biggrin:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Bob

Well, went to the doc and he did think the burning / electric shocks are a result of a blocked nerve.  However, the numbness I experience in my thighs, he thinks, are Fibro related.

Thanks guys!

Take care,

Bob

db

Hey Bob,

I'm planning to retire soon and I suspect I may not like it as much as I think I will.   : :( :  Still, working is such a burden and I don't find it very fulfilling.  It has given me something else to think about rather than my health but I have made it to an early retirement which was my primary goal. I will have worked for 18 years with this stuff by the time I'm done.  :giveup: 

I always wonder if your pain is do to chronic myofascial pain.  I have it bad and think it can affect any part of your body where trigger points can form.  Mine has mostly been in my neck but it's just not as bad in other places.  I've found acupuncture makes a difference but I tend to get treated very aggressively.  I doubt most people would put up with more pain.  For me, I was young enough and desperate enough to just stick to it.   :an eyes popping:  It has paid off.  :biggrin:

db

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk