News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

God

Started by denny, October 23, 2017, 11:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

denny

Maybe I'm wrong,and on offence either. It's just that knowing God don't make you good at anything.
It don't mean your not sick.it don't make you better with words or not depressed or anxious.
People who don't know God are healthy,bright,not depressed. As are people who do know Him.
Things are as they are. Period.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

It certainly doesn't improve my hand-eye skills or anything like that but having a relationship with God has certainly made a huge difference in my inner life which has in turn changed how I respond to the outside world.  It's most certainly more relational and rational than physical or mechanical.

I think what you were getting at was that there is still a physical aspect to all of our problems, whether they are classigied as physical infirmities or mental health infirmities.  This is very true... and people from all walks of like get sick... knowing God doesn't necessarily change that.  However, there are some things where being in a relationship with God can most certainly change the way you deal with stress and depression...

In my life, I can tell you that knowing there is more than this world takes away the fears of death that many people have facing death.  Knowing that God loves everyone just as much as He loves me and He tells me to treat them that way means that my approach to other people is much less self centric than it was before I became a Christian.  I know that knowing that my Saviour died to take away me sins and that he has that plan for every single person who will turn from themselves and toward Him seriously changed the direction my life was taking away from me being at the center to having God and His methods, plans, and goals at the center... well, at least that's what I fight to do...

For me, being a Christian and believing in God hasn't made me a better person, anything that's changed in me has been the hand of God in my life.  My own heart is infinitely wicked, selfish, self centered, egotistical, rude, crass, and mean... It's a constant struggle to leave that at God's feet every morning and follow Him and it seems that every day I fight to put my wicked heart back at the helm... so yeah, you're right.  It doesn't change you...  God does.

Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

denny

If you knew how many times I heard that I was sick because I wasn't right with God,you'd know exactly what I mean.

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

looneylane

Hi Denny I have heard that myself and even had an elder at one of the churches I pastored say I didn't have enough faith thats why my broken neck happened and why I wasn't immediately healed. So far 100 pct of the folks who have said that to me have experienced unexplained issues they would have accused others of experiencing lack of faith or sin. Don't let others define your faith it is between you and God.

foxgrove

Foxgrove

denny

Thanks guys,I knew you'd fill in the blanks for me.

Your 19 and the world falls out from under you,no explanation.
And then they say that to you.
How's that make u Feel?
Like double dog shit that's how.
I want to be sure other youngsters don't fall for the  same shit.
NOT YOUR FAULT IN ANY WAY!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

looneylane

foxgrove

QuoteYour 19 and the world falls out from under you,no explanation.
And then they say that to you.
How's that make u Feel?

:cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :bighug: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:
Bullies... can't stand em.  Pray for em.  All you can do.

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk