News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

edible pot

Started by wmoore, November 24, 2017, 10:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wmoore

I've been trying different ways marijane can help our pains. Smoking causes couphs, sore throught etc. Edibles you really don't feel too much different, except the buzz of course. Not making too much sence now , maybe with Denny's help?

denny

Never did any except just adding ground pot to brownies.
I hear what u do is make butter from the pot,then cook with the butter.
Sounds too expensive too me.
I really wish I could eat it,but I figure instead of an ounce per month I would need  a pound. Okay I exaggerate, but it would be more.
I could be wrong,that's just the way it seems to me.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

A pound... now that would take more than a couple of plants!!!  I get what you mean though.  Considering what my pain level I'm of the same mindset but I'll keep it as a possible option when the time comes and my doc comes around.

I've heard good things about edibles but they have different rules than smoking... wait for it... (that was what I was told)... just wait for it.  :biggrin:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Upsilon

To get a more potent mixture, try and use kief instead. It'll also get rid of the harsher mj taste because you won't have as much leaf in there. Making butter is another good way, and will reduce taste as well. It's super easy, MassRoots has a great guide, I'll put a link in here to the page. In my experience the best pain relief with edibles is to eat your dose, then smoke a bowl or whatever your preference is. It'll level your high out and reduce the initial impact of the edible, making for a very relaxed and lifted high.

https://www.massroots.com/learn/kief-butter-recipe/

foxgrove

Question for you guys who know MJ... is kief something that normally comes with your bud or something you have to buy seperately?
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Upsilon

Kief is the 'crystals' that you can see on the bud that make it look 'frosty'. You can usually see it pretty plainly, but if you want to get a better view, you can use a magnifying glass or jeweler's lens to see it more clearly.

Kief is usually beige or tan, but can be green or purple colored depending on the bud.

Kief contains the highest concentration of THC and terpenes (flavor/taste) in the bud. You can collect it in a few ways. Most commonly in a three stage grinder, which has three main parts to it.

1. The actual grinding part, to break down the bud.
2. The main section, to collect the broken down leaves, which has a screen at the bottom that allows the smaller sized crystals to fall through, but not the leafy parts.
3. The 'kief collector' which holds the crystals that fall though the screen.

Another way to collect it is with a micron bag, which has a screen at the bottom to allow the crystals to fall through. Generally you will only want to use these if you grow your own. You put the extra trim in the bag with small chunks of dry ice, which break the crystals off of the leafy matter, and shake the bag over a scrapable container. This is the fastest and most efficient way to get a lot of kief in a short time, but it can be difficult if you get tired easily.

You can buy the kief separately, but it's usually pretty costly, comprable in price to concentrates like shatter or other wax/dabs.

denny

My grinder has a screen. We call it a pollen collector.
The keif sticks to the pollen,or vice versa.
Does pollen have THC/CBDs?

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Upsilon

Marijuana is one of only 20% of known plant species that have separate male and female plants, the other 80% have both male and female sprouts on the same plant.

Some plants can go hermaphrodite under stressful conditions, meaning that they will grow both sprout types on the same plant.

So unless the grow your bud comes from has male plants to produce seeds, or the plants went hermaphrodite, it's most likely that what you're referring to as pollen is really just kief by itself. It does look very similar to pollen, so I can definitely understand where you're coming from.

Pollen does contain some cannabinoids (THC/CBD) but not nearly as much as the female plant flowers (buds) contain. If your crop goes mostly male, you can treat those plants as you would normally treat a female, harvest the pollen, and create concentrates or hash from it, so that the grow wont go to waste.

denny

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Upsilon

:biggrin: I'm just glad my knowledge of pot can be useful lol. I come from a family of stoners, so if you have any questions about weed at all, I can give an answer.

denny

Except mom and dad I did too.
I stopped 25yrs ago,so now I'm learning all over again.
It's all good! ;)

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk