News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

I'm pissed

Started by Robby, November 29, 2017, 06:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

For the second time in a month the school has called Child Protective Services on us, because of minor bruises and scratches on Aaron. He's either at home or at school, the only two places he goes, so I know it was them. They know how he is, and they have seen him have his meltdowns, they know how bad they can get, him banging his head, screaming, punching, kicking, and throwing himself on the floor. They've seen him give himself bruises, it's in his file.

Not to mention he's a 12 y/o boy, he plays outside he's going to get bumps and bruises and scratches. This isn't the first time they've called CPS on us, it was three times last year. CPS comes out looks over the situation and decides there's nothing to the complaint and close the case. It's just the principle of the thing, if you know a child gives themself bruises, you don't go and call CPS everytime they get a bruise, especially if it's a minor bruise.

Even though they always just close the case because they can see we're not abusing him, if they get enough complaints it's going to start looking bad on us. I'm thinking about changing school districts, because we aren't the only family they've called CPS on repeatedly for no reason. Problem is trying to find the money to pay the out-of-district tuition. Not to mention the transportation issues of getting him back and forth to another school, instead of just putting him on a school bus.

I swear I just don't know what to do. He's been with the other kids in his sped class since like 5 y/o kindergarten, I don't know how he would handle being with a whole new class. He doesn't handle change well. I've got so many emotions going on right now, that it's not even funny.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

Robby

He has a habit of banging his head and face against the floor, and hitting himself in the face with his fist, there's no wonder he has bruises on his face. Of course the school has seen him do this, they called me to pick him up one day and told me he bruised himself while in a fit. So why then turn around and call CPS on us when he does the same thing at home?
/>----------

denny

Don't ya wanna look at them an say-What the f**k is wrong with you? :emocurse:
Dicks do come in bunches. :biggrin:
:lmao:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

denny

Current political situation  :bighug:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Robby

Thanks denny

Quote from: denny on November 30, 2017, 06:30:27 PM
Don't ya wanna look at them an say-What the f**k is wrong with you? :emocurse:

I usually do....

And we have to talk to the teacher like we don't know she's the one that called.
/>----------

foxgrove

Wow... so, it's not any better down there than it is up here from the sounds of it.  Sad.  Praying that things settle down for Aaron... and you y'all as well.  Nobody needs folks second guessing them when they're helping a growing boy with special needs.  What a complete farce!  Likely "just following the guidelines" to cover their asses...  :emorant:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

Quote from: foxgrove on December 01, 2017, 10:04:16 PM
Likely "just following the guidelines" to cover their asses...  :emorant:

I'm sure that's what it is. But c'mon you can't use a little common sense?
/>----------

foxgrove

Yeah, but where's the stupidity in that???  They'd seem almost sane if they were to do that!!   :emowall:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

/>----------

DEL

Sorry to hear about this...here's to common sense breaking out....wonder if talking to Child Services would help at all...you gotta have some rights.
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

looneylane

I don't know about where you live but here if a family is struggling but the parents are struggling we will schedule a family conference and if it is proven that the child just needs more supports then the only way to get them is to have reporting done to the ministry, Not to have the child removed but to try and find a way to support the family which can't happen without an active file. It is kind of a catch 22 as it can feel real bad. I have worked as a family and a disability support worker and have seen it go both ways.

Barberian

Call the CPS on the school. Claim he is getting bruised at school and see how the school reacts. This is more of an attempt at humor but... (Hope it is not out of line).

I'm sorry your son has these issues, and wish the best for both of you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk