News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Sorrow follows.

Started by looneylane, November 30, 2017, 11:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

looneylane

Today we had a structure fire with a tenant trapped. Only two of us showed so with what the call was we went quickly and started to knock down the fire. Sadly even though we got their quickly the tenant was deceased and was probably gone long before the 911 call came in. Eventually we had five of us to deal with the fire and myself and a senior ff helped the coroner. Our crew was shaken up but we are all there for each other. I was almost taken away by ambulance as my health is not great right now and I overextended myself. In the end our crew did an amazing job.

Tay

That is the worst part of dealing with home fires.  (We lost a dear friend and his daughter in a house fire). 

One minute you are pumped because you did your job, and the next you are knocked flat because someone didn't make it.  Sometimes it is what it is and no matter what you did it was taken out of your hands.

Rest up and know that there are many more people who are grateful for all that you do.

Cheers

Tay

Robby

Luckily I never  had to deal with that during my time with a VFD, so I can't even imagine what your going through.

Rest up, and get back to your normal, and hopefully better.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

denny

You did good brother!

I know u know,shit happens. : :( :
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

looneylane

The guys are taking it hard and on top of that I was told our patient from a car wreck two weeks ago passed on... : :( :

foxgrove

That really hurts... no matter how good you do your job, sometimes folks are going to just not make it. Sadly, knowing that never makes it any easier.  Remember to think about all the folks you have rescued when those thoughts start rolling through your mind.  Thank you so much for attending even though you are in no condition to stand up straight most of the time not to mention having to wrestle hoses in the winter time. 
Wow... if you couldn't have come, that would have been one lonely firefighter!!!!  Bless you! :bighug:

Still praying that your health improves.  Be well.  Got those families in our prayers as well.  Death by fire or accident is always hard on those left behind.  :cry2:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk