News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

HELLO

Started by countryboy, December 31, 2017, 05:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxgrove

As always, sending our love and prayers your way.  Here's to good days.  :bighug: :smiley praying:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

countryboy

well,  things went about as I expected.   Plain old shitty.

The Dr. said that there wasn't any thing else he could do for me and told me to contact my GP and Hospice.  I told him that he was acting like a real SOB and not as a professional.  He did back off a little and said that he would schedule a CT scan at the hospital to see if it had spread to the kidneys or liver yet.  I told him that both my PG and Lung Dr. wanted a scan done and all results sent to them.  He got quite indignant and said that he was just
as capable to do the scan as the hospital.

Up on leaving his office, we were under the understanding that all tests would be done at the hospital on the same day.  When we checked out, in the stack of papers we received, there was a note to schedule a CT scan at the hospital next week or two and he would then to the scan himself.

I called back twice in the last 1 hour and have not had a return call yet.   That really pisses me off.

CB
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

foxgrove

God complex!!!  I have a file folder I put those ones in... and it doesn't have a very PC label on it!  Calling them an SOB is the basis of it but it goes on for several lines explaining their truly questionable parentage and paltry intelligence and talent.  I do it just for sanity sake but I always get a giggle thinking about where I shoved them!  :lmao:

Sorry the trip ended with a splat rather than a bang.  Hope you don't have to deal with him any more.  :bighug:

Foxgrove

denny

I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

countryboy

See my new post under the 'No Smoking' forum and state your opinion.   CB   :emocrazy:

countryboy

Well, 30 more days and nothing new on my end. 

We had a bad run with the flu.  There were 8 of us in this unit that came down with it and had to be moved to isolated rooms in a different ward.  Couldn't let any one in the room that wasn't dressed in plastic gowns, shoes, masks, head gear and gloves.  What a pain.  During that same time,
they started my infusions or antibiotics to help with the UTI that I have had since May.  They ran a pick line through my upper arm and into my heart.  Had to have infusions twice each day for 14 days, but the pain when I pee has eased up quite a bit.  Had the last one today and got released back to my old original room.

I go to the hospital tomorrow for an MRI.  Sure hope that turns up something as it is the last hope for my hips and legs.

Put the house on the market today.  Need to get the wife into a home with one of the kids and family.  She can't take care of out place any longer.  It is just too big with the pastures, fruit trees, shop and large house with lawns and gardens.  She has been hiring out as much work as she can, but it is just too expensive.  She wants her own small home next to one of the kids, but can't find any yet in the right school district.  Our house will probably sell before we can find something for her.  That's what out luck seems to be lately.

Well, will let you know what happens both with the hospital and house when we hear anything.   Thanks for caring.      CB

ronr

GREAT to hear from you CB!

Wife may have to get an apartment for a short time.  Just a temporary place while she looks and sorts things out but spring is the best time to be looking.

We are thinking and CARING for you buddy,  ALL the time.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

:clapping:  Love hearing from you, brother!!!  :bighug:

I can't imagine her taking care of all that on her own.  Wow... just reminds you how much you were doing while you were home, regardless of how hard it was.  I hope you get a fabulous price on it.  Sounds like a little slice of heaven to my ears.  Wish I was in a position to take it on.  It sure would be nice is she were settled in a new place first but I know she's gonna do fine either way.  You've got a good clan there.  :great:

I've been thinking and praying about your situation daily.  I'm so glad that the hospital is taking no chances with your health, even though the plastic bag brigade gets old with the very first mask.  I'll be waiting eagerly for the results of your MRI.  It sounds pretty critical to your being able to get out of that chair.  I've got your back, brother.  Just keep livin, lovin, and dreamin.  :budy:

Foxgrove

countryboy

Living, loving and dreaming is what keeps me sane.     :bighug:

countryboy

well,  things are moving on the house sale situation.  Had 27 lookers the first day and 9 offers.  It is now in escrow but we need a new roof first as ours was 22 years old.  Roofer will be tied up for 3 more weeks and the buyers agreed to an extended closing date.  Bought another home for $180,000 more than I got from our old home.  That is suppose to close the 15 of June.  Will have to convert the double over sized garage into an apartment.  That will take 4 weeks, so things are still all screwed up as far as closings.

The didn't find anything in the MRI that would help with surgery, but they are still conferring with a Neurologist.  Don't know what will happen there.  It
sure is the shits when you buy a new house and can't even get inside to see it with a wheel chair.  Everyone else has been through it and says it is great.  Has 2 garages, a large shop and a barn.  15 acres of fenced pasture and 2 separate ponds.  There is creek that runs down one side of the property and lots of trees.  Oh well, might as well go out with a bang and owing the bank some money.   Guess that's going to be a big part of my bucket list.

Had physical therapy today for the first time in 4 months.  What a strain on the legs and back.  You would think I was 175 instead of just 74 going on 75.     Will report again later.       CB

<<<<<< the mad spellchecker >>>>>>

Freak

ronr

Good news, Bad news countryboy. 

Fantastic with the sale on the first day,  Now to coordinate everything that has to go down to make it all happen.

New place sounds wonderful.  Surely someone can take pics on the phone to show you.  I know it's not like being there yourself but .....
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

That sounds like a whole lot of craziness.  Congrats for getting your house into escrow.  Once the roofers can throw down some asphalt, you'll have that one all nicely wrapped up.  :great: :clapping:  Wonderful news!

Sounds like your new place is going to be fabulous.  I think you'll be putting on a few hundred miles on your scooter this summer, just tooling around the homestead.  :biggrin:  Bet your lady is pleased.  Now you'll be much more capable of getting around to all the places you need to go.  No more stairs, I would imagine.  I can only imagine how wonderful that would be.

Fox

Foxgrove

Freak

The older I get the more a few months means to me.
:bighug: :smiley praying: ::Amen::

foxgrove

Somehow I missed the first line there... 27 lookers and 9 offers THE FIRST DAY!!!  Praise God!  That's amazing... you must have the hottest real estate market anywhere or, and I suspect this to be true, your house is seriously desired by lots of folks who've been just waiting.  God works in wild and crazy ways.  You poor guys... having to decide which of the, count em, NINE offers you want to take.  WOW!  I just love this.  :bighug: :great: :smiley praying:

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk