News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Depression

Started by Bob, February 23, 2018, 02:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Hello,

Well, I've been retired for about a year and a half now and frankly, it's driving me mad!  Don't get me wrong - I feel blessed to have this opportunity and not to have the stress of work every day.  I am grateful for the many mornings I feel crappy and can rest at home.  However, I am so very stagnet! Between not having any money with which to do anything and not feeling well enough to do anything - I am bored.  Even things I have always loved (like playing guitar) have become difficult. 

I have thought about getting a job (Lord knows we need the money!) but any job I would get would be a problem for me and my fibro.  So I stagnate.  I am only 55 so, beginning to wonder how I am going to get to old age.

Have any of you ever dealt with this issue?  If I may ask - how did you deal with it?

thanks!

denny

I grow things.
Start small,one plant to see if you like it.
I have to say,I can't imagine what I'd do without my garden!
Vegies,or I personally have,finally after 23 yrs,a perennial/tropical garden. Heavy sigh,I am complete.

I also watch a lot of netflix ;)
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

Every day I hit that same thing.  Of course, there's always old movies to re-watch, there are a bunch of books that I have yet to read, my computer is always in need of a refresh if I ever get desperate, I nap a lot, I listen to audiobooks, I chat with folks online... of late, I even let my name stand to be on the board at our church.  So now I'm on the board and we skype for business meetings... let's call it adaptable. ;)

Basically, you try your hardest not to go wacko and whether or not what your doing is actually mission critical to life is immaterial.  Find something that floats your boat and float it.  Maybe it's RC helicopters... had a friend go into that and he actually got pretty good before his health took a bad turn.  I know of a couple of folks who whittle or otherwise use woodworking as a hobby.  I have a number of hobbies I have to read up on before I ever try to take them on.  Hey, having the information already in the ole brain box never hurt anyone. :great:

So, if you think of something you like or see something that gives you ideas, dig in.  If not, drop me a line and we'll think something up. :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Bob

Thanks for your replys!!  Unfortunately, I have difficulty reading (as I have Occipital Neuralgia as well).  I try to play guitar but, if I am not feeling well that doesn't go well.  I too watch too much tv.

A couple months ago I was asking my doc about Medical Marijuana.  He said he was for it but, unfortunately it is still illegal in Indiana.  However, he went ahead to comment that it might be good for me because it lessens your desire to be productive and as a result I wouldn't get frustrated.  Kind of a sad commentary on our illness.

once again - thx a lot!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk