News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

A quack here :)

Started by Crypto, April 12, 2010, 12:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waimser

Well I cant read everything here right now but just wanted to say hi and welcome.
Id also like to say that it was due to 2 good chiropractors ( one in my home town and one in the city) that I was able to work for several years longer than I would have been able to otherwise. They were the only ones who could minimise my back pain.

foxgrove

Hey Crypto,

I saw a lady in Regina a number of years ago to see if anything could be done to treat my chemical sensitivity.. I think her name was Charlene something.. she was a Loomis associate and said she had graduated from Loomis college in Wisconsin several years before.  Because of the distance, I only saw her twice but she continued to supply me suppliments and converse with me for about 5 months.  I finally gave up when the money pouring out didn't show any benefits at all coming back.  Consider me jaded on that one.  I have to admit that she had come highly recommended BUT there were no positive results and the money finally dried up.  These days, even if I wanted to, there is no way I could afford to look at something like this.

Thank you for being so open with your responses.  You answered exactly as I would have..  As for AK, the mystical magical part always puts me off but there IS so much that we don't yet understand about the workings of the body.  I'm very glad to hear that it is the actual healing part of it that interests you.  I would still love to see some good studies done for chiro patients of different modalities where their entire health is placed in the spotlight.  I think that the results might be quite surprising to many.. especially the medical community.

As for the hot house and laser therapy.. we had one gentleman here that went through both.. The hot house is nothing more that a far-infared heat lamp placed over your body.. a make-do sauna if you will.  While the claims made were certainly positive, the results were NOT what was hoped and the costs were astronomical.  I agree completely with your assessment of laser light therapy..

I would HIGHLY recommend that you look into trigger point therapy as well as I can see it complementing your current angle of studies quite well.  Devin Starlanyl is one of the leading authorities on the subject and her books are both intelligent as well as fabulously helpful to CMP/Fibro patients.

Thank you again for your candor.  It is good to know that there is another good doctor in the making!! :clapping:

ps.. I'm with Waimser.. two seperate chiropractors saved my achin body for YEARS and allowed me to continue working successfully at my career.  I owe them a great deal!!!

you made a comment..
QuoteI would say to stay away from... soy products (unless fermented)...
I would have to add a caviat to that.  Fermenting of soy products PRODUCES natural MSG.  For those folks who are MSG sensitive, avoiding soy products all together is the best bet.. certainly no fermented soy products.  Just personal experience.. it's my insta-migraine maker. :insane:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

rwilli

:)  I just asked my GP for a referral to see a Chiro. The adjustments do help me. But only if I have stretched my tendons enough so that something will be able to move. She does a good job if I am lose enough, and she is the only one that has not guaranteed to cure me. Chiro's have their place in medicine.    rwilli

BRPFan

Quote from: foxgrove on April 14, 2010, 10:50:42 AM
As for the hot house and laser therapy.. we had one gentleman here that went through both.. The hot house is nothing more that a far-infared heat lamp placed over your body.. a make-do sauna if you will.  While the claims made were certainly positive, the results were NOT what was hoped and the costs were astronomical.  I agree completely with your assessment of laser light therapy..

I believe Foxgrove is referring to me when he speaks of the Gentleman that went through the laser therapy and the hot house. Both of them are useless as can be and very expensive!!! I would highly advise all Fibro patients to stay as far away from those kinds of con artist. They are nothing more then a complete hoax!!!! 

Our Family and Friends did a fund raiser for us so that we would be able to go and it did nothing. As soon as the owner Lady found out that we were not coming anymore (we drove to the City 2-3 times a week, 1.5 hour drive one way) she instantly became a complete huge Bitch!!! You just always know when they do that, it has happened to tons of other people and this is the way they react!   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk